Friday, March 17, 2006

 

My favorite Batsmen

I forgot when I started watching cricket. I prefer the test version to the one day one. Here is my list of Top ten Test Batsmen Currently playing in countrywise order.

Ricky Ponting: The only Aussie who bats like it is a test match and values his wicket.

Rahul Dravid: Mr. Consistent.

Sachin Tendulkar: The reason Millions of people watch cricket

Virender Sehwag: Destroyer at the Top

Inzamam-ul-Haq: The last of the gems mentored by Imran khan. He deserves a graceful exit.

Mohammad Yousuf: Method among what is almost madness.

Younis Khan: If he tempers his temper (and of course his tongue), can make a very good batsman.

Jacques Kallis: He deserves to come in the best all-rounder list too.

Graeme Smith: The youngest in the list (25+ years) and the one to watch out for.

Brian Lara: Talent untapped by lack of discipline.

If you feel I have left out somebody very important, please comment . I shall reply why I have left him out.

Comments:
I disagree on Mohd Yousuf and Younis Khan.
1. can't score when needed.

2. Younis: Scores only in Pak, and the only shot he plays is cover drive

Then How about Kumar Sangakkara?
 
how abt freddie flintoff ?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?